Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

This is why we do what we do. Please read this wonderful email a second year Gretta Scholar.

Thank you all for your good work. Stay inspired because lives are being empowered and lives saved because of all you do to support Gretta's mission.

"It´s long ever since i wrote to you. With hope that you are fine, i am fine too.
I am already in my clinical practice by two weeks. It is my pleasure to inform you that this week in my ward i have saved the life of a very young malnourished beautiful girl(one and a half years also HIV positive) whose mother died last week on Tuesday due to HIV infection. She was being taken care of by the aunt who also has her own child to take care of. This baby had profuse diarrhoea and vomiting and i identified that the problem was poor hygiene. I held a health talk about proper hygiene with the caretaker,monitored her closely and today i am a proud nurse when i tell you that the diarrhoea and vomiting had stopped by yesterday evening. I realised that life can be saved, not only by medication but also by word of mouth. I also realise that, more than ever, i love my job and i enjoy it. I will fore ever be grateful to the Gretta foundation for supporting me to make my dream come true. Thank you very much for supporting me and, please may you continue supporting me. With much love from;" ~ A Gretta Scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment