Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

V-Day Countdown (by Meg Styles)

Yesterday I had the tremendous pleasure of working with the cast and seeing all the hard work that they have put into preparing for this extraordinary show we have ahead of us this weekend.

As we all know, Eve Ensler is a brilliant writer. I’m thrilled because I feel she would be very impressed with the incredible talent of V-Day Lafayette. Their performance will no doubt pay a beautiful tribute to her work.

Yesterday I got to see a full run-through of The Vagina Monologues performed by our incredible cast. I found myself at times shocked, always mesmerized, sometimes laughing out of my chair, or crying through my Kleenex, and overall just blown out of my socks.

Behind the scenes is our wonderful director, Marian, who directs her talented actors through inspiration, intelligence and great care and appreciation for their artistry. She herself is gifted. Sean, the stage manager has been an extraordinary support and masterful organizer and facilitator. And our executive producer, Marie-Louise, is passionate and clearly dedicated to this entire process.

I am the president and founder of The Gretta Foundation, and as the beneficiary of this benefit performance, I was very moved to see all the hard work and incredible creatively expended to make this weekend one that will not soon be forgotten.

I offer my heartfelt thanks to everyone involved. Because of a lot of dedication, hard work, inspiration, passion, and creativity, we are all in for a real treat this weekend.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment