Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Back in Uganda! (by Tania Hanson-De Young)

Meg and I have arrived safely in Uganda without incident, other than a flat tire on the Bay Bridge on our way to SFO! The trip took us 32 hours total and although we felt fine, we both slept 12 hours last night. Meg is preparing for our meeting tomorrow with the Ministry of Health and we meet this evening with our wonderful in-country volunteer Patrick for dinner to strategize about our conference on Thursday.

Meg was asking how I felt to be in Uganda and to tell you the truth, we were all so focused on V-Day Lafayette that I haven’t had a chance to give it enough thought. I am very excited to have firsthand experience with our work here and to meet with all the major stakeholders in health. I am also looking forward to meeting the wonderful volunteers here that are dedicated to the mission of The Gretta Foundation. I look forward to understanding Ugandan culture too as I feel it is imperative to the success of any program functioning internationally. Now if Meg and I can just remember to walk on the left that will be a start. Good thing we aren’t driving! More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment